ADVERTISEMENTLegali BriefsbyB. DianeHeindelAttorney at LawUNFINISHED BUSINESSWhen a home improvementcontractor fails to finish thework he or she was contractedto perform, a homeowner mayseek reimbursement from thecontractor's "bond. When acontractor is bonded, thereis an agreement between theconsumer, the contractorand the insurance company)agent who issues the bond thatguarantees the contractor will dothe work outlined in the contractIf not, the consumer can reportthe problem to the issuing agentand receive compensationOtherwise, consumers may hirean attorney to help initiate legalaction. A lawyer may also helpwhen a homeowner wants to firea contractor. This action can betaken if it can be proven that thecontractor committed a materialbreach of contract.Do you have any questionsabout today's column or aboutany aspect of real estate, family,civil law or wills & probateAt the Law Office of B.DIANEHEINDEL, PC., I have years ofexperience dealing in a widevariety of real estate, familycivil law issues,as well asing a certified mediator. Call903-533-9900 in order toschedule a consultation. Myoffice is located at 407 E. 4thStreetHINT: Breach of contractremedies are designed to putthe non-breaching party in thesame position as if the contracthad been fully

Date: January 13, 2018

Expired Ad

This ad expired on
February 12, 2018 (158 days ago)

B. Diane Heindel Law Office

Legal / Attorneys

Call (903) 533-9900
Get directions to this
location on Google Maps.
Open website
in new tab.


ADVERTISEMENT Legali Briefs by B. Diane Heindel Attorney at Law UNFINISHED BUSINESS When a home improvement contractor fails to finish the work he or she was contracted to perform, a homeowner may seek reimbursement from the contractor's "bond. When a contractor is bonded, there is an agreement between the consumer, the contractor and the insurance company) agent who issues the bond that guarantees the contractor will do the work outlined in the contract If not, the consumer can report the problem to the issuing agent and receive compensation Otherwise, consumers may hire an attorney to help initiate legal action. A lawyer may also help when a homeowner wants to fire a contractor. This action can be taken if it can be proven that the contractor committed a material breach of contract. Do you have any questions about today's column or about any aspect of real estate, family, civil law or wills & probate At the Law Office of B.DIANE HEINDEL, PC., I have years of experience dealing in a wide variety of real estate, family civil law issues,as well as ing a certified mediator. Call 903-533-9900 in order to schedule a consultation. My office is located at 407 E. 4th Street HINT: Breach of contract remedies are designed to put the non-breaching party in the same position as if the contract had been fully performed.